Good Evening Everyone (in a European time zone)!
Orientacion was definitely not your average school orientation. I was one of the oh so lucky few to have to take the math placement test in the morning meaning i had to be there a little more than and hour earlier than the start time (I had to be there at 7:50 and school starts at 9am).
Mooses, mi padre, showed me which bus to take and which stop to get off on in order to get to school. I hadn't really seen much of Zaragoza to begin with besides on the 4 hour bus ride to the town, which was mostly on the outskirts. Honestly the more I explore the more beautiful Zaragoza gets. Our school is in a beautiful building nestled between two other just as beautiful buildings. The arcitecture here never ceases to amaze me.
Orietacion consisted of meeting the teachers, taking a spanish placement exam, meeting everyone else officially, and getting a walking tour of Zaragoza. My tour guides were Antonio and Mark and as Mark said Antonio knows everyone so there weren't many moments when people were not saying hello to him. I would have pictures from the site seeing tour, but sadly I left my camera at the school. Majority of the day was us walking around Zaragoza taking pictures and learning new things, but besides the tour my favorite part of the day was Lunch.
For lunch we went to a restaurant called La Mafia and had delicious meals varying from pizza to cod which we each chose at the beginning of the day, but the best part was getting to know the people at my table. Besides the traveling day today was the first real day that we got to spend together not stressing about our passports or families. It was definitely a day full of energy though with all the commotion and excitement; I definitely needed a siesta when I got home! I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds for us since today was so great!
No comments:
Post a Comment